Jharkhand State Council for Child Welfare was established on 1st October 2001 under Society Registration Act,21,1860.
The aims and objectives are :
To co-ordinate activities and help in the development the Child Welfare Movement in the State.
To serve as a link between the official and the non-official agencies and organization at the local, town, city, district, division and State level, working directly or indirectly for the welfare of children.
To initiate action for promoting child welfare services in neglected areas and for meeting need by setting up essential pilot projects.
To influence the formulation of general child welfare policies and programs within the State.
To raise money and funds by borrowing or otherwise as may be deemed fit for and own behalf of the State Council.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE :
1. President : His Excellency The Governor of Jharkhand.
2. Sr.Vice-President : Hon’ble Chief Minister.
3. Vice- President : Hon’ble First Lady Of The State .
4. Secretary : Hony. Principal Secretary to HEG.
5. Treasurer : Hony. Accounts Officer deputed at Rajbhawan.
6. Joint Secretary : Two to be elected by general body and one to be nominated by the President of the council.
7. Members : Eight members to be elected by the general body of which four shall be representative from the different administrative divisions of the State.